Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gone too Long.

Wow. I can’t believe it’s been a year since my last post! How’ve you been?! A lot has happened on this end over the last twelve months.
I went back to work as a service advisor at an area dealership. It took all of one day to realize the previous two years had taught me how much I prefer to work for myself. Not having much choice, I stuck it out for about ten months before my wife and I decided it was time to go full tilt in writing. So…

I’ve now been doing Reel Writing, LLC for a month or so. Those of you who have launched a new company know how that goes. Long hours, no income but the hope of great things to come. At least I’m doing something I love. I’ve developed some great relationships with fantastic folks and look forward to more, but it isn’t all roses.

Over the last month, I’ve realized just how out of touch I am with social media. Determined to learn it, I searched Twitter to see what folks recommended for learning. Yeah, I won’t do that again. Everyone has the correct way of doing social media… kinda like everyone has their own secret ingredient, way to grow flowers, you name it. Not easily deterred, I stopped by a bookstore (ironic, I know) and once again found everyone spouting their “secret”. What am I going to do? I’m going to do what I do – write.

I plan to use this blog along with Faith Blossoms to keep everyone apprised of what’s going on. I’ll use Twitter for marketing, Facebook to keep up with those closest to me and perhaps make a Reel Writing page. Who knows? Might even go old school and use email! Heck, I just may go primitive and use snail mail!! :)

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment