Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Truth About "Oboes."

Hi! Welcome back! I’m taking a bit of a detour for this entry. I know I said our next visit would be discussing the children of full-time fathers, but something happened in the last few days that I want to share.

There are times when I don’t go to sleep until 3 or 4 in the morning and then sleep late; Chloe’s fine with that. Renee gives her breakfast before leaving for work and gets a movie going. Chloe can change out discs as she needs to and knows to come get me if she needs anything else. Catfish the Black Lab comes to get me if he’s getting nervous about anything. Suffice it to say, I’m comfortable sleeping. On rare mornings, my little girl will crawl into my bed wanting to cuddle; what dad says no to that?

So Tuesday morning found Chloe climbing into my bed. Wanting to enjoy the time with her, I was happy when she snuggled up next to me and dozed off for a few minutes. I awoke to her singing and telling stories. She then stopped, looked at me, and felt the need to tell me “You have big, giant oboes [boobs] and Chloe has tiny, little oboes.”

I had been telling myself I would lose weight and get into shape before Chloe realized her dad was fat. Guess it’s too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment